Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best variable frequency oscilator

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamidreza.a

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
Can anyone introduce best variable frequency oscilator?
0Hz-5MHz
0-20Volt
sine wave

is there any oscilator that can had these parameter?:-?

Thank you dears.

Hi dear FvM
Thank you for your answer.
After your saying i searched about your suggestion. can i know how to design a DDS or Direct digital synthesizer ( may there are some IC for this but i wish to make it myself)8-O

These days you get a DDS generator as single chip. The discrete equivalent is a wire entaglement of digital circuits and a digital-to-analog converter. These digital function generators have been made by instruments companies before IC solutions have been available, but that's far from a simple design.

There are all kinds of analog generators, but none provides a frequency range down to (almost) zero. A triangle generator with sine forming network would be the next best approach, e.g. XR2206 or old ICL8038. These chips have become obsolete in the last 10 years and are only available from distributor remainders. A discrete replacement using OPs, transistors and logic is still possible.

Another option is to mix two high frequency oscillators to f1-f2 which can give you zero output frequency, but frequency stability is a problem.

I guess you should specify your requirements in detail to show possible compromises.

Dear FvM
as i understood i have 3 way:
one- with integrated circuit like XR2206
two- with OPs ,transistors,...
three- mix two high frequency oscilators...
I just wish to design this circuit and make it and also use it in my home laboratory.
can i ask you to tell me about way number two and three?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back