Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Behaviour of dissipative resistor versus frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK245230

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have designed a DC to AC 1MHz converter and I would like to test it with different loads. I am expecting to use some dissipative resistors as in the link bellow.
https://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?keywords=KAL50FB1K00-ND
I was wondering about the behaviour of this kind of resistor at different frequencies. Are they purely resistive around 1MHz or can it start to behave as inductor or capacitor. I have some doubts about this because it is said that those resistor are wirewounded which means that they should have some AC inductive behaviour.

Otherwise should I use such resistor to test my converter or is there a better way of doing it (current source...)?

The KAL series at the above link seems like not suited to work at higher frequencies.
Why don't you consider using the NKAL series instead ?

Arcol has published inductance specifications for their similar HS power resistor series. You'll see that resistor values below 100 ohm have usually an ESL/R zero below 1 MHZ.

I didn't yet see a specification for low-inductance series.

Attachments

• techinfo.pdf
    112 KB · Views: 112
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back