Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Behaviour of a designed circuirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

tisheebird

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed a circuit and it gives me expected output. And when I plot s-plane plot with poles and zeros it looks like this:

Position of poles:
1st pole: -5 MHz
2nd pole: -33 MHz

Position of zeros:
1st zero: -33 MHz

All the poles and zeros are only on the real axis (no imaginary term) on LHP. The 2nd pole and 1st zero always coincide with each other regardless to temp, process variations. I would say the effect of the 2nd pole cancels out with a zero in this case.

Is it a 1 pole system..??

Is it stable as damping ratio(zeta) will be always more than 1 because roots like on - Real axis. Please help me..

Is it a 1 pole system..??
Yes.
Is it stable as damping ratio(zeta) will be always more than 1 because roots like on - Real axis.
Yes. Zeta's definition is between 0 and 1. When you are out of that interval, there is no more zeta. Just, real poles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back