Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Beginner in the world of GSM modems, questions for Open AT

Status
Not open for further replies.

profitis

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I want to develop the following system:
I must connect the C8051F320 microcontroller https://www.silabs.com/pages/Downlo...TechnicalDocs/C8051F32x.pdf&src=ProductMatrix (which is on development kit C8051F32x-DK https://www.silabs.com/pages/Downlo...alDocs/C8051F32x-DK.pdf&src=SupportDocLibrary ) with the GSM modem 13006b **broken link removed**, through one serial cable (handmade:9pins to 15pins).

The microcontroller should send data to the GSM modem using the serial cable. Then the GSM modem sends the data to a web server (which I’ve set up) trough a TCP/IP socket (using GPRS network).

It’s the first time I’m trying to use GSM modem, so it’s very difficult for me to understand what I should do.

For the moment I’m trying to familiarize with the modem. I connected my PC (Windows 7, 64bit) with the modem, I used the program hercules (3.2.3) and send AT commands to the modem. When I tried to communicate with the web server (with AT commands) I couldn’t do it. After searching internet I read that I can’t do that with AT commands (with my modem). I also read that the easiest way is to communicate with a web server through a TCP/IP socket is to use Open AT. How can I do that? I have to install anything at the modem?
Is the above system realistic? Or I should try to send SMS?

Status
Not open for further replies.