Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] battery charger design

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfkashif

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone;

I need to design a battery charger 380Vac/110Vdc. Charger should provide 150 A continuous DC current. First I want to select a transformer for this system. Can anybody plz guide how to select/design transformer for such application. It will be great if I could find some documents with details.

Thanx and Regards~

Kashif

Are you sure you want 150A? doesn't seem hobby or small project sized!

im new to this forum infact..I dnt know where to put this question exactly. I just realized that its Hobby Circuits and Small Projects forum :). Yes I need this much current.

"a battery charger 380Vac/110Vdc. Charger should provide 150 A continuous DC current"
I think this for forklift charger?

the process under such conditions are simple as this

First step down the AC to a suitable range then rectify the output from the transformer after filtering and regulating you get your Constant Voltage needed in DC form

But you need to vary the load to get such an high Current but be care careful high level of hazard is in this design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back