Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bandpass filters - simple design questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Areal Person

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Bandpass filters

Q1)
If I have to signals, one at 5MHz and one at 8MHz, and I put them
together can seperate them again ?

If so.. What frequency would they be running at, 8 OR 5 or 8 AND 5 ?

Q2)
Would I use a band pass filter ? Or some other circuit ?

-Thanks

Re: Bandpass filters

Your question is not clear I think you should study Mixer or maybe a communication circuit book.Mixers input: 2 signals with frequency of f1 & f2 output of Mixer:signals with frequncies of f1+f2 & f1-f2

If you simply add the signals, then both frequencies would exist. They could be separated by bandpass filters. A low pass filter with a sharp cutoff could also separate the two signals. However, if you use some non-linear process, such as multiplying (mixing) the two, then you will create additional signals at other frequencies (mostly at the sum and difference, 3 and 13 MHz). Depending on the bandwidth of the original signals, it could be difficult to separate them. If the bandwidth is high, say 2 Mhz, then the signals at 3 and 5 Mhz will have overlapping spectrums and perfect separation is no longer possible.

Bandpass filters

An entire orchestra has all the sounds added together and can be recorded and played back with all the sounds added together.
Then you can use bandpass filters to have separate outputs of separate frequencies.

H_D_R said:
According to me you please refer this links. you'll definetly get the answer of your confusion..

thanks for the second link:D its very helpful , the site has a large collection f tutorials on Digital electronics:D

Status
Not open for further replies.