Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Azimuh and elevation DOA estimation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberich

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am looking for some DOA estimation algorithms , but for 2D array, ie I want to estimate the azimuth and the elevation, if some one has some experience in that field his help will be welcomed.
thans a lot and best regards

Is the DOA the same as Direction of Arrival? What is the question? Do you want to know how to estimate azimuth and elevation from 2d raster coordinates?

hello,
excuse me for lack of expression,
yes i mean by DOA direction of arrival, what i want to know is how to estimate the elevation and azimuth by using a rectangular array, ie is thereany algorithm like esprit or root music that performs such process??

thanks in advance and best regards

Dear Alberich,

Look, in order to estimate the DOA you can find ITD (Interaural time difference) .
So you can estimate ITD instead of DOA, then DOA will be calculated from ITD by very simple formulas. for example for a linear array : t=dcosθ/v
d: distance between two microphones
v=sound speed
θ=DOA
t=ITD
in order to calculate t (ITD) you sould cross-crollate the two signals from two microphones then using peak detection you can find the delay (t-ITD) beween two signals.

Good luck

Dear Alberich,

could you get your answer? or you want exactly to estimate the azimuth and elevation? In this case, maybe I can help you but it will take about 2 or 3 days.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back