Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Autonomous mapping robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasadaswale

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to make an autonomous mapping robot capable of producing a floor plan of the interior of a building. In order to accomplish this, several technologies are to be combined including, a laser rangefinder, ultrasonic sensors, optical encoders, an inertial sensor, and wireless networking to make a small, self-contained autonomous robot controlled by an ARM9 processor running embedded Linux. can anyone tell me how to interface Laser range finder and how to get it from market as it costs too high. Or any other solution to this prob?

Instead of a laser may be possible to use IR.

The Sharp IR Range Finder is probably the most powerful sensor available to the everyday robot hobbyist.
It is extremely effective, easy to use, very affordable ($10-$20), very small, good range (inches to meters),
and has low power consumption.

How to Build a Robot Tutorial - Society of Robots

Will you please be able to give me the names of such Infra Red sensors or range finders

you need to pay for this,i'm working from over 30 years in AGV,and you got nothing on internet,or google...

if it's for experiment, i can help you on your project,but for the buisness....

Sir/Madam I am doing this project for completion of my course. So if possible can you please assist me. I tried to search on google but did not get the expected results. :sad: so asked you again about the IR sensors or range detectors which can measure distances upto some meters

Status
Not open for further replies.