Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatic power switching for intercom

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttss

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
intercom switching

I am using 6V inertcom with both options 6V AC and with 4 battery cells of 1.5v each, currently i am using with cells. if i use 6v ac adapter with pencil cells it works fine but when power failure it won't work until remove the AC jack from it. I want a circuit to use both options at a same time, if anyone help me to solve this problem i will realy appriciate.... thanks

Did you build it or did you buy it?
If you bought it it might be there is a switch built into AC jack which disables the battery operation during AC. So you can remove that switch but then you will have both AC and batt at the same time - which would require to build some circuitry to get arroung the issue. Moreover I expect it is 6V DC....

Connect a 6 volt rechargeable battery with a charger, and parellely connect the intercom. When the power is available the battreies charge along with the intercon bieng powered by the battery and the supply, when the power fails, the circuit continues to work as it is already powered by the same source. Hope it helps you. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.