Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

automatic mute circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyndal

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mute circuit

im looking at making an interface for
feeding Mp3 audio into my helicopter helmet..

besides the impedance difference between the mp3 and the aircraft.
i need a circuit to mute the music wthen there is "activity" on the intercom / Radios.

thinking about using an analog swich to swich the music off,
but im not sure how to go about the "detection" circuit.
and still keep it isolated from the mp3 music so that doesnt trip the mute.
"one way" circuit.. like a oneway analog swich?

ill probably need a opamp in the circuit to deal with the impedance
so that may be the way to go ?

any ideas. ?

/Kyndal

Automatic muting can be achieved using IC LB1403. one such circuit can be found here..**broken link removed**

The communication receiver will be provided with an indicator lamp somewhere to indicate the receiving. You may use a simple LDR to sense that light and mute the MP3 signals and route the receiver signals to the headphone through a DPDT relay. this set up will not require and internal modifications to both the equipments.

Cheers

Hi. This is the funniest thread I ever read in my life !! Everything on an helicopter must be very very safe !! Your life and passengers life depends on these equipments , what happens if the intercom fails during a flight ? If you are working for Air France you will need also a interface to take off the airhostess from your lap.

Hmmm...for situation mentioned, I would take the risk and let the airhostess doing what they are doing. Anyway, I'll die happier than my passengers..

Status
Not open for further replies.