Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatic Irrigation System

Status
Not open for further replies.
project on automatic irrigation system

if the washing machine does not have a solonoid valve how could it control the flow of inlet and outlet water?

automatic irrigat

as_518 said:
if the washing machine does not have a solonoid valve how could it control the flow of inlet and outlet water?

As far as I figured out from my semi-automatic washing machine, it directs the water flow either to dryer or washing tumbler through a sliding switch which is connected to a mechanism via string.It works even when I don't plug in the machine.
There's no provision for seperate cold and hot wash.
All that electricity is needed for is for timer functions, washing(motor) and drying(motor).

automated irrigation

i don't know about india.. but definately the best source for irrigation system is to buy a 1-way solenoid operated valve from stoer like Homedepot or Rona, or basically any home hardware type store. they are everywhere, no doubt you can buy them online and ship it to your address.

control of your irrigation system can be as complex as you like to make it. yes a relay would work fine, but for a nice control i recommened solid state switch, such as a triac.

here is a good cheap source for a triac driver (they also sell solenoids, but you need the type that comes complete with threaded 3/4" inlet/outlet and ball joint plug).

triacs (AC switch) can be found cheap here: https://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/products.asp?dept=1143 or even cheaper if you go to manufacturer and ask for free sample.

triac driver IC can be found here: https://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G13995&variation=&aitem=1&mitem=2

if you are not comfortable with building a solid state solenoid driver circuit, stick with a relay - they are very forgiving

Mr.Cool

coolchip

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
automatic irragation system, south africa

Hi coolchip,

I'm from India too.
A couple of years ago, a cousin of mine made & implemented "Microprocessor based greenhouse" project. If you want, I could send you the details..

Regards,
JeDi

atomatic irrigation system

Hi jediknight,

I'm also interested to have the project details.

Thanks

projects for automatic irrigation control

Alrighty Jack//ani,

I will upload the softcopy ASAP.
It's still in the hardcopy form, so I will have to either type the whole thing out or use OCR ;-)

Regards,
JeDi

projet on automaic irrgation

Thanks, I'll be waiting for it.

automatic sprinkler solenoid how work

Thanks jack//ani,
It might take a while for me to get on that, because right now we're jumbled up in a whole new mess itself. check my post "Computerized monitoring of ECG" for more info.

Regards,
JeDi

automatic irrigation using dielectric probes

Hi there, I built a system with a PIC16F84, is actually very simple but I dont have the schematics anymore due to a virus infection in my comp a few months ago. The valves to control the flow of water were bought in a shop where they sell parts for washing machines, the cheapest part costed 70 pesos ( aprox. 7 us dolars) and has two valves in one mount (they are wash and rincage valves), I used 2 sets to independiently control each valve with 4 microcontroller pins. That is needed as there is not much pressure here so I open the valves one by one ( no pumps for my project, too expensive ). I connected a light sensor led to sense the light and start the watering at sunrise. The probes for the humidity are two metal rods in the soil, the voltage for the sensing is AC preventing the electrolisis and oxidation of the probes. the probes are two pieces of inox wire.
The system has been working for nearly one year with minor adjustments,
I hope this can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back