Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Auto-layout of standard cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning19

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am in the process of creating a set of standard cells to be used in larger designs. I currently have the spice netlist models of these cells, and have performed library characterization to generate the .lib and .db library files.

Now, I would like to generate the layout of these cells, hopefully without having to manually lay out every cell.

I have come across tutorials for autolayout, but these tend to assume that the standard cell library layout is already available to the user, and it simply uses multiple instances of these standard cells to generate the desired layout.

Is there a way to autolayout the standard cells?

Thanks.

I'm confused. How do you have extracted SPICE data for a cell that hasn't been designed yet? Normally you do cell layout to make gds2, then extract SPICE from that, then make LEF, lib, etc. Not the other way around.

I do not have the extracted parasitics of these cells.

I have a pre-layout netlist of the cells (I created the transistor-level netlists manually, and then ran HSPICE simulations to ensure correct functionality).

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying and sorry for my confusion. I don't know any automatic layout tool, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Maybe so, but it seems like a complicated task compared to standard-cell placement tools and the like. Cell design is much harder for a computer I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back