Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio High Pass Filter (4th order)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, that makes sense. I would expect 120Hz to be significant as well. Really, I would expect 120 to be more dominant.

I'd do some research on the transducer to see what your options are.

Somehow the word Photo got changed by Gary into Phono.
I was thinking of the humming sound in a video camera. Simply tell the camera man to stop humming.

Maybe sound is transmitted using light or Infrared and light bulbs are producing 60Hz and its harmonics as hum interference. I think a light bulb would produce 120Hz as a fundamental frequency wouldn't it? If it has a half-wave rectifier then it would be 60Hz.

Phono, photo, No worries, I just think that a HPF will likely work better than a notch because of the expected noise source. Perhaps I will need a 120Hz notch filter?

I will build it and test it and then should have more facts.

Thanks

Phono, photo, No worries, I just think that a HPF will likely work better than a notch because of the expected noise source. Perhaps I will need a 120Hz notch filter?

I will build it and test it and then should have more facts.

Thanks

Possibly 120hz.
Or Possibly both a 60 and 120hz filters.

Notch filters can be set to a Very Narrow Bandwith, so less loss of data.

Also HP Filters Require a Better Quality Op-Amp, or you will Lose Higher Frequencies.

Also HP Filters Require a Better Quality Op-Amp, or you will Lose Higher Frequencies.
There are no high frequencies. "The pass band is specified as 180Hz to 2400Hz". Maybe an LM324 or LM358 will have a little trouble.

Reactions: Jester

Jester

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
There's nothing specific about high-pass filters in this regard. Above the cut-off frequency, the shown Sallen-Key active filter is just working a +1 buffer, so the comment applies to a simple amplifier as well. An active filter needs however sufficient loop gain reserve around the cut-off frequency to implement the designed filter characteristic accurately.

Reactions: Jester

Jester

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back