Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATmega8L microcontroller programming problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarkummi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

I am using AVRISP_MKII programmer for ATmega8l Micro controller. I have wrote the code using
AVRSTUDIO 5. problem is while programming this set up is not supported for 3.3v.
for 5v it was working fine. please help me to resolve this problem.

with regards
kumar

Last edited:

According to the datasheet of AVRISP_MKII it supports target voltages of 1.8v to 5.5v

Alex

Hi all

@alex thats very true but i tried many times with the same thing.I couldn't resolve the problems.
while programming the following errors will comes frequently.
programming flash failed......
Reading device ID is also failed some times.....

with regards
Kumar

Then there must be something else wrong because I'm sure that the programmer specifications are valid.
What other devices do you have on board?
Can you use 5v just for the programming duration or there are other 3v3 devices onboard that will be damaged?

Alex

I am using AP98042 Audio ic,LM1117T3.3v Regulator HT9170B DTMF decoder ic,RELAY circuitry...on
board. just now i am using 5v for programming. It was working fine. None of the device is damaged.

with regards
Kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.