Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assura DRC error: Inconsistent DBUPerUU in the design

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhsj81

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have a simple layout which consists of some of the digital logic cells provided by the manufacturers.

When I try to run a DRC check, I get the following error messages.
*WARNING* Inconsistent DBUPerUU in the design
*WARNING* 160 is not the same as 1000
Failed to build VDB
*WARNING* Falied to build VDB. Cannot submit DRC Run.

Can anyone help me out here?
Thanks,
Regards,
Louis

inconsistent dbuperruu in the design

Have u exported GDSII using stream out option , or are u using the DFII drop down while running assura DRC?

*warning* inconsistent dbuperuu in the design

Hi,

Assura uses DFII format for running DRC/LVS and DBU ---Database Units and mostly calibrated to microns. So all values/diemensions of devices should be in multiples of 1000u/0.1u or anything of that sort.The DBU details will be present in the ruledeck file. So if you refer to your ruledeck and check for the units then you can solve this error.

Paramjyothi

The file is corrupted and there appears to be no recovery from it.

I had the same problem, and did the following:

1. Deleted every part from the schematic and layout.
2. then placed a new single resistor in the schematic and layout with new pins.
3. tried to run the DRC again and got the same error.

So then I created a new cell view with just the resistor. The DRC ran with no problem.

Then I delected the resistor from the schematic, and copied the resistor from the bad schematic. The DRC ran with no problem.

Then I delected the resistor from the "good" layout and copied the resistor from the bad layout file. The error appeared again and I could not run DRC.

Cadance corrupts its files, and there is no recovery from it once that happens.

Fortunately, I had a backup file that was still good. I deleted the corrupted files, copied the backup to the working file. Made the needed changes and when on. I only lost about a day finding the problem and recovering from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back