Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

assistance required for robotics project

Status
Not open for further replies.

fat_mac

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

i'm building an obstacle avoidence robot to assist the visually impaired and I have the following questions.

1) i wish to add audio warning capability to it so basically it will be connected to a microcontroller and when the onboard sensors (1 x ultrasonic and 1x IR) detect an object in it's path, the microcontroller will trigger the soundboard to play the appropriate user-recorded message(eg. 1st message to warn of obstacle ahead, 2nd message to move left/right). do you guys think this (http://www.kitsrus.com/projects/k64.pdf) meets the requirements? and how/can a program be written such that it will select the right message to play?

2) i wish to attach the sensors (both to be mounted on a custom made arm) on a servo such that when an object is detected infront of the robot, a µC will instruct the servo to rotate the above-mentioned arm by 90° and detect again whether there is any obstacle on its left/right before deciding to move in that direction. what components would i need besides a servo (thinking of using futaba s148,**broken link removed**)? how to program it and what is PWM?

3) previously there were 3 x MC68HC11 (mounted on MicroCore-11) as the micro-controllers but now we have 2. can you guys recommend me 1 (board as well pls) of similar or slightly better model?

I am very new to the robotics world and thus require the assistance of the professionals here...thank you for ur time, any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Regards

If you don't mind you can join the disccussion of the Mega Project listed first in this page. I'm trying to build a similar robot but with a completely different idea. May be we could help each other out...

Here's the direct link for the post...

Will you usa ultrasonic sensors or infrared sensors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back