Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Are the UV lights used to cure gel polish safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have my own UV light (portable led nail lamp) to cure my gel nail polish. I was using it last night, and it occurred to me that DUH it's UV light! Is it safe to use? Should I get rid of it?
Thanks

You sent us a list of 10 different products, with zero specifications; are we supposed to guess which one you’re using? And then guess what the specs are?

If you feel a dull ache in back of your eyes after using the lamp then your eyes were exposed to UV for too long a time. I imagine the instructions warn against looking directly at the lamp.

As a comparison, UV light is emitted by arc welding. Looking at it with naked eye for a few seconds causes a headache sensation in back of the eyes. It goes away after a few hours

A similar 'eye ache' happens after exposure to bright sun for a long time. Strong sunlight may be reflected from a beach or snow. Sunglasses block UV to an extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back