Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arduino PLC Board with Opto Isolated I/O and resistor network for High voltage sensin

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVM_NOIDA

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I have been using Arduino and various Atmel AVR uC for many years. Though the software part has very wide user group and is well supported, hardware design gets frustrating sometimes.To overcome some frustration, I have made a flexible Arduino compatible I/O board with 8 I/O. Yes you can configure any combination among the eight I/O unlike the fixed ones found in PLC. To convert an output to input you have to remove the Optocoupler (4 pin) and flip the pins backwards and re-insert it. I call it it flipOpto design.Further the each I/O has different single connection for Input and output. Nothing else is needed on low voltage side. The Output is open collector and same way Input has to be open collector.

ardudaq1.jpg

The Arduino area is preserved to receive most of the shield. An example with Zigbee shield

ardudaq2.jpg

The board driving control relays and one Input simulating open collector as in Proximity sensor.

ardudaq3.jpg

It also features area for a analog voltage divider so that you can get 2x high voltage in. It has big resistor space for through hole resistors.

Numerious small automation application that suits Arduino can be done with this board. For example:-

1) An Arduino based time switch to control 8 functions in your yard and garden. The RTC can be mounted on our button shield.
2) Simple machine controller (like washer).
3) A solar tracker using LDR and relays to move motor forward or backward.
4) A wind generator and solar panel battery charging monitor.
5) Home automation controller using Zigbee.
6) Automated garage door opener.
7) Connect to Raspberry Pi USB port and make your own web based controller.
8) Home heating controller.
9) Water purification plant.
10) Diesel Generator controller.
11) Aquarium control (pump and lighting).

If you have a good project in mind where this board can be used do PM us. We are sending free samples to colleges and individuals with interesting application. The samples are for individual with experience in Arduino, hence will be without Atmega328 :grin:(to keep our cost low and send more samples).

Status
Not open for further replies.