Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arduino and mobile phone, what's the best solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boost1996

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I'm thinking about a device that uses an Arduino Uno connected to a mobile phone to send text messages.
Now I have no concrete plans yet because I realy don't know how to start with it.
Which phone is the best for this device and which is the cheapest?
I also need to use the Tx and Rx line while the phone is charging and a SIM-cart is inserted.
So how would you solve this?

Greetings
Tom

I'd totally recommend Simcom SIM900 module for that. There's no way to mess with stand-alone cellphones.

You can get Arduino SIM900 shields on Ebay for 20-30€, way less than any mobile phone. Easy to control with UART AT Commands.
You can use "SoftwareSerial" library to aquire multiple sets of UART.

Here's everything you need to know to get started:
**broken link removed**

There's also SIM300 series and Siemens TC35, but these have a lot less documentation and are bit more hard to come by in single quantities. I recommend SIM900 if there isn't any particular restraint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back