Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arcade connection question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peenwheedle

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have decided to restore a Pac-Man arcade that I found in an antique mall. It has all kinds of problems. The screen is showing lots of lines and stuff.

Here's what I don't understand and need some help figuring out why I must be an idiot! As you can see on the JAMMA pinout, the video signal goes over N, P, 12, 13, and 14. I suspected my harness was messed up (it looks like someone spilled coffee on it!), so I just bypassed the harness and used alligator clips to connect the video wires directly to the JAMMA board.

PERFECT PICTURE! So that was that. I ordered a new cable harness and.... same damn problem! I've toned the wires, made sure they are connected right, cleaned the PCB, etc. I just do not get it. Connected over my wires it works fine. Connected over the harness I get all kinds of lines and distortion on the screen.

Driving me CRAZY! Help me return this Pac-Man to its former glory!

I have decided to restore a Pac-Man arcade that I found in an antique mall. It has all kinds of problems. The screen is showing lots of lines and stuff.

Here's what I don't understand and need some help figuring out why I must be an idiot! As you can see on the JAMMA pinout, the video signal goes over N, P, 12, 13, and 14. I suspected my harness was messed up (it looks like someone spilled coffee on it!), so I just bypassed the harness and used alligator clips to connect the video wires directly to the JAMMA board.

PERFECT PICTURE! So that was that. I ordered a new cable harness and.... same damn problem! I've toned the wires, made sure they are connected right, cleaned the PCB, etc. I just do not get it. Connected over my wires it works fine. Connected over the harness I get all kinds of lines and distortion on the screen.

Driving me CRAZY! Help me return this Pac-Man to its former glory!
Check Video ground against GND- and earth ground. then verify Green Sync which is the more like problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.