Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

anyone suggest me PTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neveth

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone suggest me a good PTC ?

I want a PTC with a range of 15ohm to 200k ohm, suggest me one with good sensitivity.
i tried vishay, they've lot and i m confused choosing one.
help me.....

You won't get much help without telling the application...

P.S.: There are three different types of PTC
- linear pure metal RTD, e.g. Pt or Ni temperature sensors
- silicon PTC, fairly linear, also suited for measurement
- standard PTC. highly non-linear, mostly used for overcurrent or overtemperature protection, sometimes as thermal fluid level or air flow switch

Last edited:

My application is nothing but measuring the temperature of couple of power transformers. the temperature range will be -20 degree C to 150 degree C.

what would you suggest....

You won't get much help without telling the application...

P.S.: There are three different types of PTC
- linear pure metal RTD, e.g. Pt or Ni temperature sensors
- silicon PTC, fairly linear, also suited for measurement
- standard PTC. highly non-linear, mostly used for overcurrent or overtemperature protection, sometimes as thermal fluid level or air flow switch

PTCs are commonly used as overtemperature detector with a fixed limit temperature set by the PTC characteristic temperature. By changing the resistance threshold, the limit temperature can be adjusted by several 10 degrees. Please note, that the TC may be even inverted at low temperatures.

For wide range temperature measurement, NTCs, silicon PTCs (e.g. NXP KTYxx) or platinum RTDs are better suited. Intended accuracy, mounting requirements and available electronics usually determine the choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.