Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone konws the knowledge of DC DC Converter with low radiation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc1220

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm new to this area(DC/DC) and I'm going to study DC/DC Converter with low radiation. I think it should be inductorless converter (e.g. Switched Capacitor based). Am I right?

Any suggestions?
Or any reference papers?

Many thanks in advance. Happy new year, guys :D

I think low radiation really equates to careful control of the rise times of your pulses and the mechanical screening of its enclosure and input output filtering. Not sure that inductors radiate much if they are toroidials. Some could be required to filter the I/O lines for ultra low noise output.
Frank

Strictly spoken "radiation" refers to radiated EMI, in the EMC regulations measured only above 30 MHz. Magnetic field of inductors is mainly a problem of open (bobbin core type) inductors. Most converters use however magnetically screened inductors.

Switched capacitor DC/DC converters are mostly used for low power only, and, according to my experience, can be more problematic regarding interferences than inductive converters due to the high capacitor di/dt. Lowest interferences can be expected from resonant switching converters, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.