Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any good book regarding the IO buffer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laststep

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Currently i am in in charge to develop some standard cell for the IO buffer. As i have little knowledge on the IO buffer side, i hope someone can recommend some good book or paper that
can help me to start the development.

I would like to know more regarding below item:
1) IO buffer standard features (like pull up, pull down, esd, hot socket...)
2) IO pad
3) IO power system
4) package (flip chip? wire bond?)
5) Anything about the process, packaging besides the functionality!

It would be good if you all can send me the paper or ebook instead of just the link : )
But anyhow, all info will be welcome as long as i can get some idea on my project.
Thanks.

Hi Lastsetp,
You have a daunting task ahead of you as IO library design is a very specialized field and the companies that do it have entire staffs how have been doing it for years.
As for books and so forth, this topic comes up periodically, here is a previous thread with almost your exact question:

Check it out, it will give you good references to what you need to know. Also, realize that the information you are asking for is huge, you will not find a single source or e-paper that will give you all the knowledge you need. You will need to find multiple sources for each of the items in question.
However, most of the listed references in the linked thread are focused on ESD and basic IO design.

Regarding advanced IO design and Power distribution: I would also recommend these books, though they are IO and system design books, all the principles apply directly to IC IO design and On-Chip Power Bussing, that and you'll understand what it is your IO need to accomplish off-chip:

"High Speed Digital Design: A Handbook of Black Magic", by Howard Johnson and Martin Graham, published by Prentice Hall.

"Digital Systems Engineering" by William Dally and John Poulton, published by Cambridge University Press.

Good Luck!

laststep

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi srftech,

Thanks for the link and also the book info.
Actually i not the only member in the IO development team
but i do hope that i can pick up as many things and knowledge as i could to help out the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back