Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any Better Technology Than Transistor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

my_books

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there Any Better Technology Than Transistor ?

please help me with full information about all kind of trans

Excuse me but i must receive answer for my ask therefore i ask it in unsuitable theme.
i ask you to help me with full information about transistors
where i can find it? in particular now i need full information about high-frequency transistors.

Re: please help me with full information about all kind of t

ropil said:
Excuse me but i must receive answer for my ask therefore i ask it in unsuitable theme.
i ask you to help me with full information about transistors
where i can find it? in particular now i need full information about high-frequency transistors.

http://www.vias.org/transistor_basics/bin/transistor_basics.zip

Hi !

The question is relative because what does mean "better technology" ?
We used to say that transistors (bipolar, fets) replaced old vacuum tubes (electronic valves) in almost all electronic devices because of size, power consumptiom, price, etc but it is not true in for example large power radio transmitters which continue to use valves. Also for guitar amplifiers, valves are preferred. Another example, I worked for a subway company, and a lot of controlling/command circuits is composed of big electromechanical relays instead of transistors as a switches.
Your questions should be completed with the application area, as the "better tech" depends on it.

rkodaira said:
Hi !

The question is relative because what does mean "better technology" ?
We used to say that transistors (bipolar, fets) replaced old vacuum tubes (electronic valves) in almost all electronic devices because of size, power consumptiom, price, etc but it is not true in for example large power radio transmitters which continue to use valves. Also for guitar amplifiers, valves are preferred. Another example, I worked for a subway company, and a lot of controlling/command circuits is composed of big electromechanical relays instead of transistors as a switches.
Your questions should be completed with the application area, as the "better tech" depends on it.

To make advance computer processor.

Computer processor wich analyze audio signal
is something wonderfull but this sound is synthetic.
Maby superconductor technology or nanotehnology are better?
( Joke-reversibile:transformer technology)

Added after 5 minutes:

By the way who tell you that is vacum tubes beter for example in large power radio transmitters.If you dont know ,new sip.mos power technology is better then
vacum tubes for power radio transmitters.

Hi,

I was going through this piece of information, which I found very useful and I want to share it with you all. Read on ...

----------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON: Every household is filled with dozens of silicon-based electronics, whose main component is usually a silicon-based transistor. But now, a Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute student’s invention could replace this technology with a new generation of transistors that will not only cut energy consumption but also work under extreme conditions.

Weixiao Huang has made a breakthrough by developing a new transistor that uses a compound material known as gallium nitride (GaN), which has remarkable material properties and may act as a better alternative to silicon chip.

The new GaN transistor would not only reduce the power consumption but will also improve the efficiency of power electronics systems in everything from motor drives and hybrid vehicles to house appliances and defence equipment.

"Silicon has been the workhorse in the semiconductor industry for last two decades. But as power electronics get more sophisticated and require higher performing transistors, engineers have been seeking an alternative like gallium nitride-based transistors that can perform better than silicon and in extreme conditions," said Huang. The silicon-based transistor, also known as a silicon metal/oxide semiconductor field-effect transistor (silicon MOSFET), acts as a switch to convert the electric energy to other forms as required, allowing or disallowing the flow of current through the electronic device.

Huang is the first person to develop a new process that demonstrates an excellent GaN MOS (metal/oxide/GaN) interface, despite it was long known that GaN and other gallium-based materials have some very good electrical properties, much better than silicon.

According to Huang, his innovation, the first GaN MOSFET of its kind in the world, has already shown world-record performance. Also, his innovation has been shown that it can integrate several important electronic functions onto one chip like never before. "This will significantly simplify entire electronic systems," Huang said. Huang has also designed and experimentally demonstrated several new novel high-voltage MOS-gated FETs which have shown superior performance compared to silicon MOSFET in terms of lower power consumption, smaller chip size, and higher power density. In fact, the new transistors can dramatically reduce energy loss.

"If these new GaN transistors replaced many existing silicon MOSFETs in power electronics systems, there would be global reduction in fossil fuel consumption and pollution," said Huang.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Super explaination devura.
But i heare something diferent that new SiGe
Silicium Germanium technology will be better then GaN or
maby i'm wrong.
However better will be winer.

Hi Friend,
There a no. of better techonologies than a transistor. But I dont know in what means the question is launched.

If you use transistors your circuitry will be big. So, There evolved a technology of Integeration.
*SSI
*MSI
*LSI
*VLSI
*ULSI
*GSI
If you r about the manufacturing technology of these integrations. Then ECL, CMOS, technologies will be more advanced and efficient.

Regards,
Avinash.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.