Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another question pertaining to the law of conservation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian24ua

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We talked again. Lets say you have a totally concealed room made up of all mirrors. The only thing is that there is a hole in the wall. If you shine a light through that hole into the room full of mirrors and then have a device that slides in a small mirror shaped as the hole instantaneously as soon as you take the light away. Will that room always be lit up?

I'm gonna have to guess no. Not all light incident on the mirror will be reflected. Some of the light will be used to heat up the mirrors. So I'd say the light will slowly fade and you'll end up with a room full of warm mirrors.

Am I right ? I dunno ...

I do not quite remember the name of the law but When light comes in contact with any object part of it passes through it. Light even passes through the earth, albeit in a non noticeable way.

It's called Snell's law but it's really a simplified version of boundary conditions for Maxwell's equations in the interface of two mediums.

Reflection from a mirror is not perfect, so the intensity of the light will quickly go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back