Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog Simulation Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hspice are the best , Cadence , Pspice 10...and if you live in Romania ...the price don't count :lol: :lol: :lol: if don't live in Romania try any free version of Pspice are very good for beginers :wink:

about what extraord said

one of my coworkers do his phd on power Amplifier using mentor IC flow
he said the eldo "is a trash" , many convergence problems
the versions of the eldo not work well
this mean that he simulate the circuit with the same componnets and the same technology with 2 versions of ELDO
the results is very starnge

he now switched to work with @DS ,
and he said to be , never simulate with eldo
but the flow of mentor is good , IC satation and Caliber is great

thanks [/quote][/list]

Hi khouly,

What version ELDO he is used for his phd work

Regards
selvaraja

ELDO will be included in Hyperlynx.
I suggest you use ADS. Although it's difficult for beginner and used in rf field, i think you should learn it if you really want to master analog design. ADS is the matlab in analog and rf design fields and it's very powerful.

As one beginner, Cadence's spectre under ADE is one very easy learn and professional solution.
Hspice is one popular standalone spice tools.
For IC design, spectre, hspice and eldo all are very good tools.

just use hspice.it's easy to use.

Ansoft Nexxim is a new solver which is HSPICE compatible and is both faster and can solve the same circuit in frequency domain and time domain.

**broken link removed**

Itai

workview + Hspice is a good combined tool

Approximatly .. i was a beginner few days ago .. but before this about 2 years ago i used Cadance PSPICE .. i think if you didn't use it before .. it is the best way to start .
good luck

Do not use any middle product!

Use the industry product which can save you time .

The cadence & Hspice & ADS are enough for you .

Maybe , the Matlab and C++ are also needed.

Hello ,

on my side I made plenty off circuits using Eldo.
And I never had a convergence problem with Eldo and on my point of view it's definitively one of best tool for analog design.
Spectre is a powerfull tool but hard to useand spectre RF is the better tool for RF better than ELDO RF

Tanner tools are good and affordable

Best Design Environments: Cadence and Mentor Graphics

Other tools: Eldo, Hspice (professional but text based)

Tier 2: Microsim, Tanner L-Edit and many Japanese tools that are unheard of in North America

One level down: Pspice (student versions) and workbenches of various kinds.

Free lectures: Berkeley webcasts (they have removed some of them though)

Free videos/tutorials: Cadence and Mentor websites

Free books: you know where!

You can discover a huge online community that uses and discusses problems/solutions with Cadence and Mentor tools. So a good idea would be to use one of these. You need access to them at your work-site or through a local university.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back