Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

analog multiplexer (hight current)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
difference between multiplexer and mixer

I am looking for an analog multiplexer to switch different current source up to 10 mA. I have tried the CD4067 and CD4051, but it's not work !
Where can I find suitable chip ?

Thanks for yor help! :)

Hi,
Can anyone tell me the difference between analog multiplexer and mixer? Are they the same thing?

I think the biggest problem there is the on resistance of your switch. I saw it was in the order of a few hundred ohms, depending on the supply voltage. That is bad. To really know what is going on, I need more information about the application you're working on.

PS: analog multiplexer is a baseband part, to switch one of many input to just one output. A mixer is a nonlinear part that translates frequencies to lower (downconverter) or higher (upconverter) frequencies. That's it!

anolog device:
ADG409 is suitable for it!

hi

up to 5 mA you have no problems with 4051, (I prefer HEF because
the others seem to drift with temperature)

yeard ago i build a universal Sensormultiplexer with reed relais

shorty

Status
Not open for further replies.