Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

analog layout flow and doubts

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.sivakumar

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to All
I know digital standard cell layouts........
I am new to analog layouts ,so
Can any one explain flow of analog layout from schematic ?What are the constraints we should take to draw analog layouts ?
What is Salicide resister ?what is the difference between salicide and unsalicide resistor ?

Thanks
Siva

well for analog layout these constarints u should follow
1- matching level of the transistors,and R,nC.
2-EMIR drops.
3-width of power tracks use highest leve of metal for poewr track .
4-paracitics in the critical brancs(signal carrying lines).
5-avoid the overlaping of the HF lines and biasing .
6- in analog layout the placements is the most important.
7- try to make ur layout symmetrical.
8-use shielding properly in overlaping of the lines where required
9-avoid poly connecton
10- use 1-3-5.. metals horizontal and 2-4-6 metals in vertical direction :arrow:

salicide is self alligned silicidation ,
silicidation is adding a refractory metal for poly "polycide" or for contact , resistor .
in all cases it decrease there resistance , where refractory metals "i.e. tangestun W" has lower resistivity than poly or diffusion but ofcourse higher than metals like Cu , Al.
silicides are added to contact cuts before metal to prevent pitting "diffusion of Al,Cu into Si which may cause shorting MOS , this happen due to solubility of Al in Si"

self alligned means that we are doing the silicidation for poly and contacts and resistors in one step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back