Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog Design Automation: Neocircuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

j2005

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Analog Design Automation

I'm doing a study on analog design automation. I've heard of Neocircuit but I'm not sure whether it's really that good or useful. Anyone has any experience with these tools? Are there others on the market? Thanks in advance.

Analog Design Automation

Neocircuit is owned by Cadence now. There is a similar automation software on the marker by Synopsys.

Analog Design Automation

I just know there is a software can auto layout the analog circuit.it can layout the symmetric device that used to be by hand.

Re: Analog Design Automation

j2005 said:
I've heard of Neocircuit but I'm not sure whether it's really that good or useful.

I've seen the demo - not impressed. Looks like a bunch of CAD algorithmists decided they know how analog designers work. Basically, they attacked completely wrong problems with great success.

Analog Design Automation

the analog design tools are more advance than before.

Analog Design Automation

i don't think that analog design automation is so easy that the automatic layout generators will gave a completely optimized layout for them . there are huge no. of considerations.I too have seen neocircuit but its not good .they have a lot to learn before they automate analog layout!!!

Honestly best layouot tool I have seen is Pulsic.
a) if you need something they code it for you - always adding new and improving existing. Really clever guys
b) can handle differential lines etc.
c) it has quite good auto place

Well, yo for sure have to learn to use it. But I love it.

I doubt these tools can completely replace the design or layout engineer. But I'm interested to know if they are worth the huge price tags they come with. From what I gather so far, they are supposed to speed up time to market. Question is: really?

Anybody with real experience with these tools?

In contrary what most of CAD guys say I do not believe that there could be automated analog design. For analog layout I always use manual place, then I route it with any autorouter and then I clean it up if necessary.
But it sure can save a lot of time - especially on larger layouts.
Another thing is that I personaly found out that it is difficult to learn and efficiently use ALL the great tools. I prefer to spend my time looking at design itself then learning the tools.....

Analog Design Automation

Like as everybody say, CAD is For Aided not automated, Each and every CAD tool will help the designer to do his/her Job not replace them.
Now comming to NeoCircuit, which now owned by Cadence, its good if you have taken care of all considerations, like technology etc. So one point its good, the user don't have to hand calculate the analog layout, The tool will help.

Its good and easy to use after the technology setup. But if you want to learn the tool from setup perspectove, you have to spend sometime then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back