Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog Clock - what is SR810 device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahkushan1

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Analog Clock

I recently opened an old alarm clock circuit nd it contained a component on the pcb..Near to it was written SR810..If ne1 has any idea abt wat it could be..pls tell me

Thanx in advance.

Re: Analog Clock

shahkushan1 said:
I recently opened an old alarm clock circuit nd it contained a component on the pcb..Near to it was written SR810..If ne1 has any idea abt wat it could be..pls tell me

Thanx in advance.

Can you provide more details as to what the component looks like? How many legs does it have? Does it have any any writing on the component itself?

Searching Google for "SR810 IC" or "SR810 datasheet" provides lots of results but I have no clue how they relate to your component.

In my experience (I'm a noob :p) the marking on the PCB itself generally indicate the generic component type and a numeric identifier not a specific component spec (ie: IC4 for an integrated circuit, R15 for a resistor, D8 for a diode, etc.).

Have a look at dis pic..The pink dot on the pcb is wat m talkng abt ? if u hv ne idea abt d silver component do tell me..

The picture is not very good but the main chip is 'chip on board' covered with epoxy. There is no means of identifying it.

Keith

The silver component is most likely a crystal. Considering the package, I would guess a low frequency tuning fork type.

stefannm

Exactly,
as Stefan told, its surly a watch XTAL!_than these "thing" has only a one chip ucontroller & a buzzer.....
SR810..: can be the production coding too_ie from year of `81?...
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.