Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplified Mini Speaker Modifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikkut

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have an analog amplified mini speaker that I would like to make some modifications to:

The amplified mini speaker as is out of the box:
-There is an internal battery that is charged when connected via micro USB . The speaker cannot operate when the battery is charging
-There is a push button on/off switch
-analog audio in is through a 3.5mm male jack (not through USB port)

What I would like to end up with:
-eliminate the battery and have it powered via hard wire to a DC power source (can be a separate wire, does not need to utilize existing micro USB port)
-eliminate the power switch so that is simply on when power is supplied and off when power is disconnected. I tried disconnecting the existing battery and connecting to a DC power supply and the speaker worked fine BUT it still requires turning on the power switch. And when the power is disconnected it appears the power switch re-sets so turning on the power switch is required every time power is connected.

No changes needed on the audio in and audio out.

Thanks!!
INTSUN-CircutBoard-01.jpg

Hi,

From the photo I can't recognize the power path and it's how and why.
Thus you need to get or draw the schematic. Then find out what to modify.. then do the modifications ... with the risk to destroy the device.

Or you may just buy one of the cheap amplifier modules on ebay (or else where) doing exactly what you need without modifications.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back