Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

altium wire/net names help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltkenbo

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using altium 10.391 (2011) and am still pretty new to it but am practicing with a small design. I was wondering, how do I view the net names of the wires on my schematic page? Like if I want to know the name of a specific wire how do I do this? I know they are named based on where they are connected but there has to be a way other then that right?

The reason I want to be able to do this is I am creating net classes for routing rules so I need to know which nets are which. Thanks.

i think you can using short key " ctrl + mouse left key" before select net .
good luck

The good practice is to give explicit net names to your wires. You can do this by placing net labels by going through the following menu items:
Place > Net Label
When your net names are explicitly given you can easily make rules based on your given net names / net labels.
It is good to make busses of your nets where you can. This way you can apply generic rules to whole bus of your signals.

Regards

Yeah I knew about the net label thing but was wondering about finding out without doing that. The answer is you can just drag your mouse over the wire and a little popup comes up showing the name of the net. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back