Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Altium] Tie voltage sources together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

player80

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

is there a way to tie all the same voltage sources together in Altium?
Right now if I use the voltage source symbol it will indicate that there are 2 separate voltage sources and there will not be any need to connect them together in the Altium PCB View.

example:
altium_voltage.jpg

I never faced this kind of problem in altium.Usually I am using VCC symbol for power supply.

In CADSTAR we would use what is called a "Starpoint" for this.

It allows different nets to be joined together at a single point, it has it's drawbacks but does work.

Is there anything like this in Altium?

Edit: A Net Tie.

The two individual "VCC_VD_3V3" power nets are automatically tied together since they are on the same sheet and have the same net name. You do not need a net-tie for this scenario. If you are looking to tie another net with a different name to the VCC_VD_3V3 net, then that would require a net-tie type component.

For multiple schematic sheet projects, the "Net Identifier Scope" selection in your project options will dictate how the power ports will be tied together between sheets. See the section "Defining Net Connectivity" (and below) for more info on that.
https://techdocs.altium.com/display/ADOH/Connectivity+and+Multi-Sheet+Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back