Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium symbol contains other invisible things

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

In Altium, a schematic symbol that i have made for a module occupies a lot more area than it needs to, (I don’t know how this has happened) and when I click components on the schematic local to this module symbol, it selects the module symbol instead, and I end up moving the module when I don’t want to..how do I get rid of this symbol’s extra area?…..in Eagle all you do is highlight all layers and you can then see what’s there and delete it…how do you do this in Altium?

I'm not sure if I understood correctly, but perhaps your module was not drew near or at the exact [0,0] coordinates in the symbol editor tool.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,
I recommend you look the library and the reference fixed in the middle of the component (see photo).
I hope it helps you.
Altium.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.