Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium - How to Supress a component

Status
Not open for further replies.

kppO

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have a schematic with multiple parts, but some of them I dont want to add to the PCB (some resistors I am not sure I will need, but I dont want to delete them from the schematics). Is there a way to remove something from the PCB, but not from the schematic? Something like a "supress this component" or "delete this from PCB"? Deleting should work, but the DRC will complain about it and every time I update the PCB with some changes in the schematics, the parts will be back.
Thanks a lot!

I am sorry Anonymous_Ricky, but I could not find the answer to my question in the link you provided. If you could please point me in the right direction I will appreciate.
Thank you!

Dear kppO,
It's so simple. If you don't want to transfer a schematic part into altium PCB file(?), Double click on the schematic part & you will see the property window. In that you can see "Type". By default it will be "Standard" & please turn it to "Mechanical".

Still you have any doubt regarding altium please ask me.....:)

Attachments

• Comp Type.png
    Comp Type.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 83

Thank you very much udhay_cit! This worked pretty well.

- - - Updated - - -

I found the compelte explanation:

Non-standard Component Types

Not all components are destined to be mounted on the assembled PCB, not all components are required in the Bill of Materials (BOM), and not all items that are mounted on the PCB need to be represented on the schematic. Altium Designer supports non-standard component types through the Component Type property, set in the Component Properties dialog in the library or schematic editor.
For example, the presentation and readability of your schematic might be enhanced by including a chassis-mounted component that is wired to the PCB. If this component was not required in the PCB BOM, then the component type can be set to Graphical. A graphical component is not included during schematic electrical verification, it is not included in the BOM, nor is it checked during schematic to PCB synchronization. In this case the Component Type is set to Graphical.
Another special class of component would be a test point - this component is required on both the schematic and the PCB, it should be checked during design synchronization, but is not required in the BOM. In this case the Component Type is set to Standard (No BOM).
Another example of a special component kind would be a heat sink - typically it is not shown on the schematic and is not required to be checked during schematic electrical verification, but must be included in the BOM. In this case the component type is set to Mechanical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back