Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium: force net name

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukit

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

My problem is GND getting renamed to something else and I can't get back the name GND of that net. I have this:

net-names.PNG

Now I have net SIGCOND_IN_N6 and no GND. What can I do?

My settings:

net-names2.PNG

Thanks

under the project options there is a netlist option called "higher level lames take priority". try and enable this option and see if it works.
maybe disable the "power port names take priority".

Reactions: barfie

barfie

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Unfortunately none of them helped :(

Altium has options to let higher level net names take priority, let power port names take priority. It does not, unfortunately let you decide in what order these options take effect. Some Aussie programmer just went off and assumed on your behalf that if both are checked that you MUST have wanted net >> power ports. So your gnd in your entire system gets named SIGCOND_IN_N6.

Note that even though the dialog doesn't say ports have 'priority' if you check that, it has a higher order of precedence than the power port too, but not higher priority than a net name, so you could name the wire 'GND' in addition to the symbol if going into a sheet entry. This only helps if you were tying a single port to a GND symbol and didn't have to expand the array first.

Have you tried also putting a net name label 'GND' on the same wire segment as 'SIGCOND_IN_N6'?

Hi,

I've tried everything, I always end up w/o GND. I've placed a net label, 2 kinds of power ports to the same wire, no change. I've disabled all the project settings, no relevant change. Tried to enable the settings 1 by 1, no relevant change. I don't understand why "Power port names take priority" does not work if that's the only one checked. Even making a new highest level scheet and placing GND there does not help.
Don't you guys have buses with a wire connected to a power port?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back