Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Designer: Disable auto-removal of redundant traces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnG300c

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sometimes i want AD to keep redundant traces (for instance when placing multiple VIAs on power pins). How can this be disabled on-the-fly when a trace is placed? I tried locking VIAs but they were still removed.

Re: Altium Designer: Disable auto-removal of redundant trace

Your redundant traces are being removed by "loop removal". You can turn off loop removal for individual nets by using the PCB Panel. Set the panel to display "nets", highlight the net you want, right click, choose "Loop Removal", and turn it off.

You can also right click on a track or via, select "Net Actions>Properties", and uncheck the box for "Remove Loops".

Finally, while interactively (manually) routing a track with a net assignment, you can hit "tab" to bring up the properties, and uncheck the box for "automatically remove loops".

Re: Altium Designer: Disable auto-removal of redundant trace

Thanks a million, House Cat. I did turn off loop removal on a global basis. I find that loop removal is a feature i rarely use and i will enable it when needed instead of the other way around (all my traces are point to point so loops are really not an issue).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back