Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Altium Designer - Create a schemactic library separated in two parts - same footprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafael_kl

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends,

I would like to know how can I create on Altium Designer a component with two separated schemactics...
I don't really know how to explain, but I'd like to create, like the amp-ops, one component that have two separated schemactic components, with the comum footprint. Like the U1 and U2 from the 741.

Hope you can help me.
Thank You!!

Yes, you can create a single schematic component (with a single footprint) that has separate child symbols representing each of the independent parts within the component. For instance, a single LM348 contains four discrete 741 op-amps in a single SOIC package. After you add/create the new LM348 component in your schematic library, choose "Tools > New Part" to create a child symbol. You should see Part A and Part B listed under the new component. If you have a triple or quad package part, you can select "new part" again to add the additional Part C and Part D parts if necessary. Under each of the discrete parts, you can draw the required symbol and assign pin numbers. Typically the +V/-V/GND pins will be included on the "Part A" portion of the component only. When you go to place the part on the schematic, it will place a U1A on the first click, followed by the U1B, U1C, etc for each child symbol. When you add a footprint to the component, it will be applied to the entire group of parts. And when it's added to the PCB, it will place a single U1 component.

You can find more information here: **broken link removed**
Look for the section titled "Creating a New Schematic Component with Multiple Parts"

toohec,

Thank you for the answer. That's what I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back