Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altera Quartus II is a tools capable of doing Size, Energy and Speed Measure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujeto1

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends, I'm new in this forum. I'm currently doing a Master Degree in Computer Science. As a Master Thesis, I'm seeking to propose a parallel architecture for doing image segmentation (of brain IMR) using multiple-cores. What I'm intending is to find an architecture which make this process somehow better than current implementations (speed, size, power?).

So, I want to ask you general advices. According to what I have read in papers, for experimenting architectures, nothing better than FPGA and Xilinx or Altera design suites, rigth?

My question is, Software like Altera Quartus + Modelsim allows measurements of Speed, Size and Power? Since I want to compare those values to other proposed architectures to see if my architecture is better or not. You got me?

Please forgive my ignorance in these topics, I'm new on this field, in Bachelor I didn't design any chip, also forgive my English, Isn't my first Language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back