Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

allocation of frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahadmunir

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can i allocate the channel from one gsm network to other gsm network
details: let suppose that company c1 is using gsm900 and company c2 is also using gsm900. in one city c1 got all of his channelz buzy and ther is no adjcent cell from which he can borrow the channel. the c2 is adjecent to c1 but both uses different schemes and different frequency levels. how can i borrow channel from c1 to c2. will i face
1) frequency reuse problem.
2) co channel interference.
3)quality of service be maintained?

fahadmunir

Dear Fahad

I think it is not an applicable case of planning, as each company is working for its benefits and losing one of its channels to the other company is not an economical issue.

But any way if we assumed that can happen, all what you need is to configure your BTS with the new frequency that is used by the other company. As the BTS could supply all the frequencies of the 900 MHz band, but each company can use only a part of the band.

Problems you will face is depending on the planning of the other company. You have one of two options:
1) Use a frequency that is used by the other company in the same cell.
or
2) Use a frequency that is NOT used by the other company in the same cell.

in the first case you have to be sure that the other company will not use this freq during your calls, and then you will not face any problems.

Hope it got the point.

Thanks

Dear Fahad Munir,
Salam.
Well of cource u can do so.But u have to take into consideration the different factors involved in cell planning.Because u might be using micro and macro cells in an area.The main issue is the sharing of channels b/w macro and micro cells for this reason handoff becomes quite complex.So, I think u should first use a defined path of ur research.

You cannot actually use the frequency which belongs to another operator, you will face legal charges and it would be a not pure frequency a channel which can receive interferences from subscribers of the other operator. But you can sign a agreement with that operator to share their band width this can be done by borrowing the channel itself or it can be done by using their base stations through a resource sharing agreement they will rout you traffic and put a agreed level of QoS for your subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.