Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Allegro downconvert to rev 15.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcbdesigner34

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a brd file that I have received for modification. I have version 15.2. When trying to open the Allegro file it says "Unable to open design because database was saved in a newer release ...."

Any idea how to get around this problem

An Allegro BRD file is a binary file. However, you can look at it with Wordpad text editor. Somewhere near the top of the file will be an entry that looks like "allv15-76/13/allv15-72/27/.............netv15-712/5/allv15". If it says 15-7xx, then it's version 15.7. If it says 16-xx it's version 16.x.

There's no way to save a version 16 file back to 15.2, but a version 15.7 file can be saved from Allegro 15.7 to a format compatible with the earlier version 15 or 15.2 format.

I'd be willing to take a look at your file for you, and downconvert it if I can. If you want me to take a shot, zip or rar it and PM it to me.

Thanks House_Cat. I sent you a message. If you could let me know where I can send you file, it will be great.

I haven't received any email from you.

To send the file, click on the "PM" button at the bottom of one of my posts. You can attach the file to the PM (Personal Mail). Be sure you have zipped or rared the file to prevent corruption by encoding used in some email programs.

I really appreciate your help. I was able to send the file with the attachment. I will be glad if you could take a look at it.

I received the file, downconverted it, and sent the results back by PM.

To retrieve your PM, go to the forum index page by clicking on the green text at the top or bottom of this page on the portion that says "EDAboard.com Forum Index", and click on the white text in the green bar that says "You have x new messages".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back