Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

agilent ADS data processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

azeem.cardiff

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone!

I've

1 port S-Parameters from 2.2GHz-2.6GHz for various temperatures (25-70C)

1 port S-Parameters from 4.4GHz-5.2 GHz for various temperatures (25-70C)

1 port S-Parameters from 6.6GHz-7.8GHz for various temperatures (25-70C)

I want to create a passive load from these files exactly like the one in ADS loadpull template with temperature as an independent variable. so that different reflection coefficients could be presented to PA for different temperatures by accessing specific file.

please need your help in this.

Best Regards

Last edited:

Since the s-parameters are measured under different conditions, you cannot change the temperature as a variable.
You can prepare identical Test Benches with different s-parameter blocks and you may collect the simulation datasets on a single DDS page.
Temperature is not a variable to be used in s-parameters in ADS.

Hi BigBoss,

Previously I've done an experiment in which angle was a variable. the s-parameter data was collected under different angles from(0-360) and frequency was (2.2-7.8) GHz and was presented as a passive load to the PA. basically I combined 360 discrete files to a single (text) file with their index number(0-360) [discrete data-set] and then pasted all the collected S1P files in the project directory. and then accessed the files using DAC and S1PEqn data items. so that when i was changing the variable 'angle' the specific index number was provoked from text file(containing index numbers of 360 files) in ADS and project directory and specific S-Parameter was presented to the PA.

now, the story is different: I've broken the frequency span in three different parts(fo,2fo,3fo). which means I can make three separate passive loads with temperature as variable, so that when i change the temperature; specific S1P file should be provoked and presented to the PA. but I want to combine three separate loads and formulate a single load with compact design.

Dear ALL,

a quick question:

I've 25 dBm data values in Excel, I want to convert them to watts. any suggestions plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back