Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

affect of library in gate count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

samenmohammad

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I don't know : If I change library, gate count of design is changing? or it's independent of library. I think mapping is independent of library and therefore gate count also.

thanks.

If you resynthesize and target and different library you're most likely to get a different gate count. I've seen different gate counts even with different versions of the same library. The design area shouldn't change too much though. If you have a design thats highly dependent on specific functions in a particular library and switch to a different library but you might see a significant area delta.

gliss said:
If you resynthesize and target and different library you're most likely to get a different gate count. I've seen different gate counts even with different versions of the same library. The design area shouldn't change too much though. If you have a design thats highly dependent on specific functions in a particular library and switch to a different library but you might see a significant area delta.
Hi
I need to synthesis my file but I don't have 0.18um and 0.13um TSMC or SMIC or CMOS.
If possible, I send u my file and u synthesis It. Do u do it?
Thanks.

Hi,

The mapping during synthesis is technology mapping so it will take the cells from library according to the functionality of your code. Thus it may possible that you will get different gate count.
As per the previous reply for same technoogy area change will not be too much significant.

It may help you.

Thanks..

HAK..

I need 0.13um or 0.18um library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back