Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS nodes/markers - some problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

djalli

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington DC 20500
Activity points
ADS nodes/markers

Can anyone help me with this problem? I posted it in different forum but I never got a response.

**broken link removed**

thank you.
Also how do you make ADS2003 files to work with ADS2002? Is any converter or something I should use?
Thank you again

Re: ADS nodes/markers

Use the button (add wire/pin label) just on the right of the (add wire) button. All named net on top level of your design will be exported in the dataset and can be viewed in the data display.
Mazz

Re: @DS nodes/markers

djalli said:
Can anyone help me with this problem? I posted it in different forum but I never got a response.

**broken link removed**

thank you.
Also how do you make ADS2003 files to work with ADS2002? Is any converter or something I should use?
Thank you again

It's not possible...reverse is right..( ADS2002----->ADS2003)

Mazz said:
Use the button (add wire/pin label) just on the right of the (add wire) button. All named net on top level of your design will be exported in the dataset and can be viewed in the data display.
Mazz
You are right. I tried that before. The trick was to enter the name in the box and then click the wire. Afterwards to hit close. Well I did not do it that way. Sorry. Just a calamity. Thank you so much Mazz.

BigBoss thank you. I was hoping is any trick behind it/converter to view the ADS2003 files in ADS2002. I guess not. Thank you.

BigBoss you may find it interesting idea Mazz gave here: **broken link removed**

Seems to work. I have not tested it yet. Mazz thank you again.

This is a well planned strategy from Agilent. We have discussed this issue with them several times. As project files from a newer ADS version cannot be opened in an older ADS version, Agilent are forcing users of older ADS versions to buy upgrades and expensive maintenance contracts.

Agilent will probably end up with frustrated and angry customers, but Agilent have considered these being so few that they will not affect the final sales result.

This is how you make money these days...

I was hoping is any trick behind it/converter to view the ADS2003 files in ADS2002.

Re: ADS nodes/markers

Actually you can export the circuit usig the export function.
I think it is called export as IFF.

I exported a simulation file from 2003 A and then imported it with 2002. It has been while ago so I don't remember exactly which options (include libraries etc.) at the export window work best. Just play around with it and you will get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back