Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[ADS] Momentum Mesh doesn't fit layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

binhphamffm

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,
I am trying to simulate the characteristics of a branch-line coupler in EM simulation. However, the momentum mesh doesn't fit the layout (the upper edge marked in attached picture). No matter how many cells/wavelength are used or other options in Mesh tab of simulation options are set, it didn't work.
Anyone know the way to fix this? Does this affect the simulation results much?

layout.png

it has been sometime since i simulated momentum. your problem looks strange to me. does the results looks different from what is expected?

The EM simulation (red line) is not much different from the simulation of the schematic (dash line).
Z_q 0.14 (edge).png
The result seems good to me. But I am not sure the simulated result is correct, if the momentum mesh doesn't fit?

Anyone know the way to fix this?

This "clean up" and "healing" of small geometry details is a feature, to reduce mesh complexity.

You can configure (or disable) geometry preprocessing
heal.PNG

actually you have attained good correlation between schematic and layout simulation already. you can try suggestion by dr volker.

Ok, the preprocessing settings helped! The result was different
Thank you all a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back