Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS layout simulator for quasi yagi upper conductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdoeng

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ADS simulation

hi i import quasi yagi upper conductor to ADS layout simulator ,there is any facility to construct dielectric layer with its thick or the limited ground dimension since it say that move only at x or y in other word how can i move at z axis.is there is A FDTD program that simulate quasi yagi antenna ,if there pls upload it.
thanks guys

Re: @DS simulation

abdoeng said:
hi i import quasi yagi upper conductor to @DS layout simulator ,there is any facility to construct dielectric layer with its thick or the limited ground dimension since it say that move only at x or y in other word how can i move at z axis.is there is A FDTD program that simulate quasi yagi antenna ,if there pls upload it.
thanks guys
ADS is a 2.5 D simulator and you cannot draw physically the 3-D structure in its layout editor; but while performing Momentum simulation, you can define the dielectric substrate parameters (Er, thickness, tand etc) substrate thickness by using the Momentum>substrate>create/modify option in the layout window. You can add any number of substrate layers and conductor layers using this facility. The only problem with this is the bottom ground plane is infinite by default and the simulator does not account for conductor thickness in the analysis. The good news is that in ADS2004 the conductor thickness is also accounted for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back