Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADPLL textbook, paper, ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgharagoz

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I am new to PLL and dont know where to start! I read Razavi's book to some extent but there is no mention of ADPLL whatsoever.
Do I need to understand PLL first before I start reading about ADPLL?

I need to understand ADPLL very quickly so I would really appreciate if you guys can tell me what should I read first?
please share the name of the books,papers or web links you have read and you think it is useful.

Thanks

Yes I would start by trying to understand an analogue PLL such as the 4046. Just breadboard it and try a few simple examples from the application notes. The lock in phenomena is highly non linear, but when lock in is achieved phase shift becomes a relatively linear function. Then use that understanding to understand All Digital PLL.

Status
Not open for further replies.