Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC (video decoder) --- ADV7181B

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaurella

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Sirs,

I have implemented your ADV7181BBSTZ Video decoder from Analog Devices. I found two recommendations of xtal value in the circuit implementation,first with a 27MHz xtal and another one with a 28.6363MHz Xtal.

I chose the one with 27MHz xtal, but when I switched on the IC, I got 9 MHz instead of 27 MHz.

I would appreciate it if you could tell me what could be wrong with this circuit.

Thanks in advance.

upload the circuit please, there seems to be a connection error

1. You must use 27MHz FUNDAMENTAL quarz (1-st obertone), maybe you use 27MHz 3-th obertone quarz?
2. Probe capacity can be too high for normal oscillation. Your must connect 1:10 probe with lower capacity.

We are planing to use this decoder. Which layout are you useing (4 or 2 layers)

learn signal integrity topics on google. some sort of bandwidth problem? dunno. but 27MHz shouldn have such problems with that. change the crystal with a new 27MHz, i can only help with these details.

upload the layout if u could

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back