Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adaptive cancellation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

praveen_akshay

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi people,

I have a question which I have been thinking about for a long time now and I still dont have an answer.

My question is:

Suppose that I have a square wave and a sine wave, both having the same frequency. Can I cancel the entire square wave with this single sine wave as input signal using some adaptive signal processing techniques?

Thanks and regards

Input of adaptive filter - square wave
Desired signal - mix of square wave and sin (both with unknown phases)

Then

output of adaptive filter will be square signal with the phase equal to phase of square in the mix

error signal will be sin

Vadkudr

Thanks for your reply. Well I guess I did not frame the question well. This is the the question I meant to ask.

Input signal to a black box = sine wave of frequency f0
Desired signal to a black box = square wave of frequency f0.

Now I wanted to know if there is a way to make the sine wave, a square wave of same frequency using some DSP techniques.

Thanks and regards

Hello,

To try answering to your first post:
If you filter the square wave by a low pass filter (cut-off slightly higher than f0), then it should become a sine wave....
Hope this help.

regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.