Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AD8017 connecting output to negative input

Status
Not open for further replies.

klick

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
AD8017

Hi,
I use AD8017 to drive 100 Ohm balanced line.
I use AD8017 like inverter amplifier with gain=3
The circuit work wery well..

If i connect the OUT of AD8017 whit negative input(voltage follower) and i connect the positive input at VCC/2 the IC burns...(the AD8017 is connect at single power VCC= 12V)

I d'ont understand whi......

Thanks

Re: AD8017

The AD8017 as a CFA (current-feeedback amp) needs a minimum resistance in the feedback path.
That means it is not allowed to connect directly the output with the inv. input.
Look at the data sheet!!!

AD8017

Hi,
Becouse its a currentfeadback amp? you can not all typical circuit techniques 1:1 or simple apply...
Check pls datasheest fig. 38 & 39.
K..

thanks...

but, where are the fig. 38 and 39 on the datasheet????
there are only 12 figures...

If i use the AD8017 whit gain=2 whit 2k2 resistance in the feedbak to drive 100 Ohm balanced line, there are problem????

thanks..

With a CFB amplifier, the output to inverting input resistor sets the loop gain, almost independantly of the divider ratio. For
maximum bandwith, you should use 620 ohms as suggested in the datasheet. With 2k2, the bandwidth is reduced to
about a third.

thanks

i understand...

but, there is anoter operational like AD8017 but with wider band at gain =4 to drive balanced line ??

Google makes wonder
alldatasheet.com has an old Rev. A, ADI's recent version is Rev. C and has new numbering of diagrams.

To select a possibly better suited amplifier, you should tell your specification (intended circuit, output voltage, bandwidth,
intended input impedance) . You didn't yet.

klick said:
...but, there is anoter operational like AD8017 but with wider band at gain =4 to drive balanced line ??
:)
Whay is it another as AD8017 pls?
I think your problem was the biasing to 50% Vcc & not some gain factor?
It must go on principal settings first, as other ppls sayd too: its a CFA, the schema is at fig. 6 to see/find & the discussed circuit at fig. 7_or do you need a guidance to your mouse pls?
An adult person must do some advanced intelligence apply and check for solutions self too, if something isnt 100% given in the hands_sorry, is to write a new text is simpler as think over subject & check the producers home side for data? That can you alone believ...
Good luck & progress!
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back